Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Victoria Marie - Hump Day Challenge September 21, 2015

Hello ladies!  I'm here with a blog post to tell you all about my newest challenge for the Victoria Marie FB group.  Today I am up with the Hump Day challenge and it is all about patterned paper.

My challenge is about challenging yourself to use as many patterned papers as you can.  My rule of thumb when using lots of patterns is to start with a multi-colour paper that I use as the inspiration source for all the colours I pick. Then, the rest of my papers tend to be more tone-on-tone pulled from the colours in the original piece.  I find this helps keep it from getting TOO busy :)

Here is my layout (see video below) that I used NINE different patterned papers on!  Crazy, hey?!  But I think it works.  I am not 100% sure on those large Thickers for "Little" but really wanted to use then and... once they are glued.. they are glued!



And here is a second layout that I did recently that also has as many patterned on it. But for this one I used a cut file background so each of the papers is used in a very small amount.




No comments: