Thursday, May 10, 2012

New and Old

I've been working through a bunch of sketches and wanted to use some kits I haven't opened yet.  So I paired this great one layering tons of patterned paper without really having a picture yet to use.  It's paper I usually wouldn't have bought myself but still love the look of (I'm just really not the shabby or trendy type - I'm more into bright colours and stripe/dot/zig zag tend to be my go-to's).  Then... when I was ready to put my embellishments on I knew I needed to find a picture.  I randomly clicked on some old ones and the second month I looked at... wow, a picture of me and my husband and my eldest son and we are on a flowered couch!  I have ABSOLUTELY no pictures from 2003 (this pic) scrapped at all and so even though it isn't a great picture (and I am hating on my hair so much I wince just looking at this) I am using it.  Here it is:

This layout has paper from: Sassafrass Lass, Crate Paper, American Crafts, Pink Paislee and Studio Calico as well as some felt alphas from Making Memories that are years (and years) old.  (the 3 die cut tags are Studio Calico).  I take no claim to being creative enough to mix these papers together, they are from a kit I get monthly from Cocoa Daisy.

I've got pictures and paper laid out from the same kit and the same month (cause now I can mark October 2003 as "scrapped", wahoo) and may hit "Publish Post" and turn and start that too.  I can't wait to show my son, who is 10 in August, this picture of our little family when it was just the three of us!

Take the time to do something scrappy today... it certainly made me smile!!

Jen

2 comments:

Claire said...

I love this! What a pretty combination of papers and embellishments. Couch is pretty ugly though.......

Jen said...

I know right?! Haha. Luckily they've gotten rid of that in the past 9 yrs!