Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The End

I finished this layout on Friday afternoon.  It was one of those really tough ones. I was over thinking it and moving stuff around and around... finally I picked up all the pieces and dropped them :)  With very minor moving I glued them down.  I love that photo so much and really wanted to make the layout it went on special.  Problem was I was putting too much pressure on myself as really... if I decided later it wasn't right, I can change it or rip it up and reprint the picture.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and love the contrast with the brownish-grey and the turquoise.  The wood veneer butterflies went on at the very end when I really knew I needed something beside the camera sticker to cover the awkward end of the label sticker.  But I really like to flow of the butterflies down the page.  I think I will sprinkle just a touch of white paint on the diagonal line but... waiting for it to show up :)


imagine. create. inspire.

Jen

PS Wanna know how I got my "THE" in the title?  I cut my Amy Tangerine "Journal" thickers to make them shorter and then brushed them with white chalk ink.  In person it looks a bit distressed and a soft grey.

No comments: