Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mother's Day Explorations

Good afternoon! This is my latest layout using a May Scraptastic kit.  I was working a challenge for the scraptastic blog when I noticed that how I had done it was so close to the Creative Scrappers sketch #270 that I could use it for both challenges!!

So the scraptastic challenge was to use a grid pattern and I started out LOVING what Madeline did (HERE) and it inspired me to use my Mother's Day photos as I have a bunch of them and could use some of the small squares as photos. I wanted to use a picture of me with my boys as the main photo as it is all about being THEIR mom.

Then I spotted the Creative Scrappers sketch # 270:



That inspired me to pull out some vellum to block off my top section more and run a border strip in the middle.  Here is mine:


Happy scrapping!

No comments: