Tuesday, December 2, 2014

12 days of Christmas challenge - Day 1

I'm participating in the 12 Days of Christmas challenge over on the Victoria Marie FB page.  Our first day's challenge was to use distress ink in a new way.  As I've only ever really used it to ink the edges of my stuff... for me, pretty much any other way was going to be new :) haha.

But, I really wanted to try it with a stencil to get a soft, starry kind of look.  I took these photos Sunday night while we were setting up the Xmas tree. I asked everyone to pick their favourite ornament as we were decorating and I snapped a pic.

AND... hurray, I finally cut into my brand spanking new, first time I got it Hip Kit!!!  The November kit is so pretty with reds, blues, pinks and a touch of green.  I actually got a wee bit stuck too as... I wanted to use EVERYTHING all at once and that would have been a disasterous page :)  So I took overnight to step back and go... it's OKAY, you can use the other pretty things on the NEXT page.  Anyone else have that problem?  I am pretty pleased on the stepping back and how the page turned out.

Here it is:


Thanks for stopping by!

Jen

No comments: