Thursday, December 4, 2014

12 Days of Christmas - Day 3!!!!

So, let me start by saying one thing first. I am dumbfounded I have done 3 layouts in 3 days.  Seriously.  And 3 I like!  But I am going to just ride the wave and enjoy it.  (while also believing this can't possibly happen a 4th day in a row... or can it?)

The fun challenge for Day 3 of Victoria Marie's 12 Days of Christmas challenge is "Three awesome die cuts (or more)!"  So... I went to town and there are more die cuts on this layout than I may EVER have done before. I borrowed VERY heavily for the concept from a layout Irit Landgraf over on the Hip Kit design team in October.  She had used die cuts and other pieces all around a square photo.  It was really fun, like a reverse puzzle. I started with that blue snowflake tag and just kept picking up and putting down all the pieces from the Elle's Studio die cut, wood veneer and cut-apart sheet until I was happy with how it looked.

BTW, super happy coincidence that the advent calendar on the picture (a CTMH kit from about 3 years ago) was all red, green and blue, the same as the Elle's Studio pieces.

There are also some very tiny sprinkles of Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist in Citron and Blush to pull in a bit more of the lime green and pink.  (and I believe I am actually in capable of doing a layout without adding color shine).

Here it is:





Thanks for stopping by!

Jen 

No comments: