Friday, August 23, 2013

Sorry, it's been too long!!

I have been posting TONS but only on Facebook groups or company challenges so... I promise to get back to posting here too.  I have so much I could share but thought I'd share the BIGGEST change in my scrapbooking to date.  Yes, I did it, and I swore I wouldn't... I started doing Project Life!  Now, I wouldn't say I'm doing a picture a day or even doing it the same as many people do.  For one, I am not doing a separate Project Life album.  I am mixing it in my regular chronological albums.  And two, sometimes if I cover it in Project Life, I still do a 12x12 "regular" layout about it too.  Or I don't :)

I was watching a video over at Two Peas yesterday by Nancy Damiano HERE and she called using PL-style pocket protectors "Pocket Scrapbooking" rather than Project Life.  She did 1 - 12x12 layout of an event and then had a TON of extra pictures to scrap.  Rather than doing a double layout (or two or more!) she used pocket protectors and just did a bit of embellishing.  And she mixes these into her regular album too.

I'm just doing both :)  haha.  For example, my boys had a double party for their summer birthdays in June.  It is super hard to get kids during the summer so we did the weekend before school got out so they could have all their friends.  I put their invite and pictures of their cakes on my PL spread for that week and then did a double layout too.  (pictures aren't great, sorry. I snapped quick on my iPad as I just really wanted to get this blog post UP!!)
Spread for that week (note: I also included an insert to hold their belt certificates!)

Close up

Double layout of their party (Note: this layout scraplifted from Crop & Create delivered - believe Vicki Boutin's layout - small changes but VERY close)

AND, as I said, I have also done PL the other way.  I went on a trip to Whistler with my hubbie and friends in early June and I just really didn't want to do 5 different layouts about it.  Especially as we met family on the way home and did a couple things with them.  I put the highlights into a two-page PL spread and was happy it was done!!  
I have two "flip-ups" on here too (bottom right of L page and top right of R page)  I guess I could have done layouts as I had a lot of pictures but I really didn't feel I wanted to with these and am super happy about putting it in this format!

I also happened to have all I wanted done prior to this page so knew I'd have a blank "back" of my PL spread.  I had this picture I had really liked so blew it up to 12x12 and used it as a "title" page.  I may do this again as it is striking but I may also try sewing a  blank 12x12 and a blank PL together if need be!  But really, I'll more likely just put stuff in slightly out of order :)  Sewing and me... yah, not great :)

One last PL to share is these two different weeks I did of camping.  I was doing a challenge for the crop they had over at Noel Mignon a few weeks ago to use woodgrain so I did both these camping trips at the same time.

That's it for today but PROMISE, I'll be back soon :)

Jen




No comments: