Friday, August 30, 2013

Summer of Colour - Video #3

So I THOUGHT I hadn't done a layout for this video and then realized I HAD!  I had watched her video about using neutrals or black to go with a photo that had a lot of colour or you really wanted to empathsize, and then shortly afterward I was participating in a crop and wanted to use this picture that my husband took on a camping trip recently:

The challenge was to include stars in the layout and I wanted to do a twist on that and I really wanted the fire to stand out the way it does when you are out camping and darkness falls.  So I did this layout below.  I can tell you very honestly I have NEVER used black cardstock as a base for a layout before. EVER.  Not even on a Halloween page! 

After several tries I used mist to mimic the night sky on black cardstock (Heidi Swapp Gold Lame mist).  It was very hard to photograph but in person... I think it's wow.  Even my 9-year-old son said "Mommy, how did you find paper that looks like the sky at night?"  When I told him I made it look like that.. well, he was pretty impressed with me :)

Have a scrappy day!!

Jen

No comments: