Friday, January 23, 2015

First layout with the January Hip Kit

Here is my first layout using my January Hip Kit.  I have been a subscriber here since October (started with the November kit) and I could NOT be happier with them.  I find the kits always have so many amazing papers and coordinating products... I am never at a loss creatively and in fact, if you see my previous posts about how I killed my November and December kits you will see I used them to the max!!!

This layout I did with a photo I took in early May of 2014.  I was sitting on our comfy chairs on the front porch enjoying some "porch sitting" as we call it.  It is just our time to sit and be quiet or my husband and I will sit together and talk or read or whatever.  It is like our "adult room" so to speak. Our place to get a break and take a breath and think.  We love our boys to death but... with work, school, kids, activities and now the uglies of puberty starting ... a break is so necessary sometimes :)

Here is my layout:



Such soft pretty colours in this new Dear Lizzy Serendipity line. I could not resist immediately using this pink/rose gold background paper. The border along the top of the page was fussy cut from the B side of that paper which was a pink notebook-style page that had a pink scallop border on the top.  I layered it up with some other papers from that collection and the Kraft Hello Love paper from Amy Tangerine Stitched.  This was finished with that stunning Crate Paper "Kiss Kiss" chipboard tag (isn't that chunky gold glitter killer?!) The puffy pink scallop and "love this" stickers are also from Dear Lizzy as are the "shine" script word and gold hearts which were from the December kit (also from the same line).

Thanks for stopping by!!

Jen

Check out my YouTube Channel!!

No comments: