Saturday, January 24, 2015

Second layout with the January Hip kit

Here is my 2nd layout using this month's kit.  I will be totally honest, I REALLY struggled with this layout!!  I did some misting, gesso, 3 discarded backgrounds, changed the orientation, changed BACK the orientation to finally land here.  And here I am good with.  It is not quite where I had wanted it but... it highlights the photo and that was really what I had wanted.  I think I was just struggling with the floral paper from Heidi Swapp.  It is stunningly beautiful and even though this has just one, relatively simple, photo... I was stuggling to keep the paper from being the star.  I ended up gessoing it a bit (a bit unevenly but think I kind of like that actually).  It softened it just a bit and let me move on to finishing it.



You can't tell from the photos, despite me really trying, that there is a very faint pink mist on the upper half.  It is white cardstock that looked just a bit too stark white so I actually sprayed Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Blush on a baby wipe and gently dabbed it on.  It is very soft and gave me the look I was going for (I had really wanted just a very soft pink cs but did not have any!).

Oh, I almost forgot to mention!! I used the current sketch (#424) from Scrapbook Challenges to get me started on this layout.  I only had 1 photo though so changed it up a bit that way.

Thanks for stopping by!!  I should be back tomorrow with a HUGE HUGE HUGE project I have been working... photographing my entire 2014 album series. Wow, if I even feel like I don't get to scrap enough... I will just go take photos of 3 albums full of creations again.

Jen

Check out my YouTube Channel!

4 comments:

Texas Cattlewoman said...

Stunning layout! Absolutely love it! Great photo, beautifully presented and just love the papers and elements you chose to use! Thank you for playing along with us on Sketch #424!

Carolyn Lontin said...

Love how your layout turned out! Thanks for playing along at Scrapbook Challenges!

Unknown said...

Great layout! I love how you worked and reworked your layout to make it work for you, I think the paper complements your photo perfectly, really making the red in your photo POP!!! Thank you so much for linking up at Scrapbook Challenges!! :)

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

This is a gorgeous LO! I love everything about it ♥