Friday, August 6, 2010

Peach Parfait - Outside my comfort zone...

So, I will confess, I wasn't thrilled with this colour.  With all the new colours and In Colors, etc I figured that was okay.  I was thrilled with quite a few others (Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist...).  But when I went to make a card last night I said "SELF! You need to use a colour you haven't yet!"  I couldn't bring myself to use pink (again, I don't know I've EVER make a pink card - some of you just gasped at me!) but I did grab the Peach Parfait and paired (haha, get it, paired) it with the Pear Pizzazz.  I like it, I like it, LOL!!

I always make two cards as... well, one sheet of paper makes two card bases perfectly so why not!!  I did them slightly differently to show you how to mix it up.  The first I put the scalloped bordered to the right and added a brad to the center of my punched flowers.  The second, I added our new pearls to the flowers and the bottom right corner.


Supplies: Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Crumb Cake.  Ink: Classic Peach Parfait marker, Tangerine Tango stamp pad, Ribbon: Whisper White taffeta.  Stamp set: Punched Posies, level 2 Hostess, Tools: Scalloped circle border punch, Big flower punch, 1" circle punch.  Embellishments: Pearls, Filbrigee brads. 


Jen
Take the time and do something scrappy today!  Me - I NEED to scrapbook!!

2 comments:

Frantastic™ said...

Nice colour combo! Ya, I'm a little iffy on the peach parfait too...but I am enjoying what you've done. It's nice to step out of comfort zone once in a while.

Nanci said...

I haven't use peach parfait yet - this is very pretty. I'm following you from SC. Hope you'll join me too!
www.crafthavenretreats.blogspot.com