Sunday, January 17, 2010

January Card Group - The Cards!!

I had posted sneak peeks of these cards 2 weeks ago and now that my ladies have had their chance to make them, here is the real deal. The first card allowed me to use one of my fav stamps in the 2009/2010 Idea Book - DASHER!! I am going to miss him alot and hope they bring him back next year (but I own him so I can keep using him no matter what!). This card is completely inspired by Linda at Stamping School: here's her blog. I subscribe to her Stamping School videos and this was one of her projects. As I was mass producing it, we used Dazzling Diamonds instead of the Chunky Glitter which I suspect would work a lot better. But... with 15 cards to prep and not being able to buy white Chunky Glitter on it's own... we did the Dazzling Diamonds :) Here is my Surprise Pop-up card. It uses the new Sweet Pea DSP in a colour combo I can't say I've rocked too much but love. Teal and orange! The image on the front is from the new Happy Moments set in the SAB catalogue. Four great line images to colour in. We'll be using again!!


And lastly my "Make a Wish" pop-up card, this time we used the Sizzlets Cupcake dies that were on sale in December. Super, super cute!! I used So Saffron with my Taken with Teal this time and the same DSP... I like to be efficient with my scraps but this paper pad is HUGE... I've barely used any of it! A VERY, VERY good deal on paper! I hope the new idea book has more paper pads in it. LOVE it! And it isn't a girlie, girlie or flowery, flowery patterned paper either so AWESOME for scrapbooking... watch for a layout with it very soon.
This card also makes use of the Big Bold Birthday's set for the balloons and sentiment!



Hope you enjoyed and take some time to do something scrappy today! Coming super soon, the sneak peeks for my February class!
PS I am excited to say I am planning my first ever scrapbook class series and hope to expand to two card groups a month!!



No comments: